The key to developing a quality Prospectus, Proposal, and Dissertation is that all components must be aligned, with a logical flow of ideas from one section to the next. In other words, your population and sampling plan must be logically connect withâ€”going back– your methodology, research design, research questions, purpose, and problem statement. What will answer your research question? For example, if the gender of your population is irrelevant in answering your research question, then you need not seek a population for data collection that includes an equal number of men and women, nor do you need to ask participants their gender on a survey. In this Assignment, you will identify, explain, and create aspects of your methodology, to include selection of method; alignment among sections; population; data collection; reliability, validity, and ethical issues; and data analysis.
Review the readings, websites, and media listed in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources, write 3-4 pages on the following:
- Describe, briefly, the design you have selected, and whether your design supports quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods research.
- Describe, briefly, the methodology you have selected, whether quantitative, qualitative, or mixed.
- Explain why you chose this design and method and how you differentiate design from method. In what ways it is a logical method to answer your research question?
- Describe the alignment and consistency of the research questions, research design, and methodology.
- Describe, briefly, the population or type of data you plan to sample for your Dissertation, and why.
- Describe the data collection and sampling methods you plan to use and explain why you plan to use them.
- Describe at least two issues (e.g., reliability, validity, and/or ethical issues) that might arise when using the data collection and sampling methods.
- Explain how you would prevent and/or minimize each of these issues.
- Describe the specific type of analysis you might use (ANOVA, MANOVA, SEM, theming, concept analysis, etc.) to analyze your data and explain why. Be specific.
Support your Application Assignments with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.