Assignment Details – This is a 5 part deliverable
Your facility has 2000 cases in the following payer mix:
- 40% commercial insurances
- 25% Medicare insurance
- 15% Medicaid insurance
- 15% liability insurance
- 5% all others, including self-pay
What are the proportions of the total cases for each payer?
The average Medicare rate for each case is $6,200. Use this as the baseline. Commercial insurances average 110% of Medicare, Medicaid averages 65% of Medicare., Lliability insurers average 200% of Medicare, and the others average 100% of Medicare rates.
- Calculate the individual reimbursement rates for all 5 payers?
- What is your expected Accounts Receivable?
Which of the following costs are fixed, which are variable, and which are direct or indirect:
- Materials/supplies (gowns, drapes, bedsheets)
- Wages (nurses, technicians)
- Utility, building, usage exp (lights, heat, technology)
- Licensing of facility
- Per diem staff
- Insurances (malpractice, business, and so on)
Given the following costs per case:
- Materials/supplies: $2,270
- Wages: $2,000
- Utility, building, usage exp: $1,125
- Insurances (malpractice, business, and so on): $175
What is the total cost of all combined cases?
Calculate the difference between accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P)