Unit 07 Assignment 1
Budgets may be evaluated on any number of criteria. For this assignment, evaluate your selected budget (Baltimore in attachments) on the following criteria:
- The budget process provides for community and other stakeholder input to the governing body prior to approval.
- The budget provides information on differing revenue streams such as tax revenue, grants, fees, et cetera.
- The budget provides information on collective expenditures, as well as the expenditures of each agency or program.
- The budget provides clear metrics for expenditures, ideally based on some level of performance (output), not just factors like time and staffing levels (inputs).
- The budget includes information on periodic monitoring and audits.
Additionally, provide specific recommendations for improving the budget process.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Assignment guidelines: Please ensure the assignment mirrors the requirements for assignments noted in the Faculty Expectations.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current edition APA style and format.
- Length of paper: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding title page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.