- Case attached
- Please read the case and analyze it by answering these case analysis questions.
- You may answer each case discussion question in each paragraph and separate different paragraphs for different questions. You don’t have to copy the discussion questions in your answer.
- Although quantity is not quality, however I do not accept 1-2 sentence answers to each question. Please make a thorough case analysis, post 300 to 500 words’ case analysis (roughly 1.5-3 pages double spaced with 12-font), and post it in the text entry format online. There is no word limit on your comments to others.
Case Discussion questions
- What changes are occurring in the toothbrush category? Assess Colgate-
Palmolive’s competitive position.
- How is the toothbrush market segmented? Compare consumer behavior
between highly involved and less involved consumers for toothbrushes.
- What are the arguments for launching Precision as (a) a niche products and (b) a
mainstream brand? The objectives of this question are: (1), to emphasize the
importance and marketing program implications of determining whether a new
product represents a big breakthrough idea or a line extension, and (2), to
consider the relative merits of emphasizing a corporate brand umbrella versus
an individual brand name when launching a new product.
- What marketing recommendations would you make to Steinberg?