are the Vice President of Human Resources and have been given six months to
design and implement a Pay-for-Performance Incentive Reward Program for all
employees, including senior management. Design and support your program knowing
that it must seem fair and equitable to all employees and should provide proper
motivation to achieve organizational goals. Also indicate what rewards will be
given for what specific performance outcomes.
You may assume any other details that you wish, such as type of work performed, level of employees receiving payouts, varying payouts by organizational, unit or individual performance, but they must be defined within the paper. To begin this assignment, it may help to think of a hypothetical company or industry to provide a setting for your target audience. You should include the following in your program:
- Levels of employees and how they are categorized.
- Goals/expectations for each level.
- Specific awards offered for each goal/expectation, whether monetary or other.
- Incentives for reporting behaviors such as sexual harassment and other threatening issues.
- Steps HR plans to take to maintain equity and fairness.
- Manner in which HR will work with employees who feel the program is unfair or otherwise unsuitable for their professional and personal needs.
with your paper, provide a 1-2 page handout that visually displays your program
to entice excitement and interest from all levels of employees. Your handout
may be provided in a PowerPoint, Publisher or any other format that gives a
detailed visual of your written program.
Support your paper with a minimum of three (3) resources, which may include your required text. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5 pages plus 1-2 page handout, but not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards where appropriate.