Based on the information in Unit 1 post a thesis on the rise of empires during the 1400s and 1500s and, then provide evidence in your post to prove your thesis.
In your thesis you may want to:
- Consider the factors which led to global expansion
- Compare and contrast the motives of imperialist nations
- Consider how motives shaped each nation’s approach to imperialism
- Explain whatever other trend you may have noticed.
You must also reply to the posts of two other students. In your replies you must add new information from Unit 1 materials to prove the other student’s thesis. You may not use the same piece of evidence someone has already used in reply to that post.
Your initial post is due 4/4, 11:59 p.m. and your two replies are due 4/5, 11:59 p.m.
- Two to four paragraphs in your initial post.
- Use of complete sentences and paragraphs. Do not use bullet points (like I’ve just done here).
- A specific, valid, and obvious thesis which you prove with evidence from the text, the lecture, and the primary source documents from this unit.
- A minimum of 4 pieces of evidence to prove your thesis–at least one from the text, one from the lecture, and one from the primary source documents. You can use more than four pieces of evidence if you would like. Be sure to cite where you found the evidence as you discuss it. Just put it in parentheses at the end of a sentence. For example: (text, pg. 24) or (lecture) or (Hakluyt). I’m not a stickler for format, but I would like a citation for this assignment.
- Analysis of your examples to show how they prove your thesis.
- Replies to the posts of two other students. Your replies must offer additional evidence and analysis of that evidence to prove the other student’s thesis. Your piece of evidence and analysis must be original and cannot copy a reply from different a student to that same post.