The film is Paris is burning. it is available on Netflix
Links below are for the material needed.
must use at least 1 outside source when analyzing the documentary
In the FIRST paragraph (at least 150 words):
- What is the title of your selected film?
- Who is the director and what year was it released?
- Is it considered a “classic”?
- Identify any technical features of the film.
- What is the genre of the film (e.g. western, romantic comedy, film noir, documentary, etc.)?
In the SECOND paragraph (at least 150 words):
- Summarize the main plot and/or conflict in the film. Be sure to identify the main character(s) here.
- Using the themes and concepts noted in Section 9.7 in your textbook (in the section A Word on Critical Viewing), identify at least three of these themes and explain how they apply to your selected film.
- Indicate any â€œsocial issue,â€ if any, that is addressed in the film.
- Identify at least one â€œcamera techniqueâ€ or â€œuse of soundâ€ in the film, and explain how it affects the viewer.
In the THIRD paragraph (at least 150 words):
- Evaluate its “craft.” Is this a good example of this type of art? Is it well presented? What are its points of value? Does it have a message? Did we learn something from the characters and/or theme of this film? In what ways did the film resemble literature, theater, or art?
- What types of reviews did this film receive based on your research of other reviews or scholarly commentaries?
- In the end, what type of aesthetic experience did you have? Was it mostly an Apollonian or Dionysian experience?
- Would you recommend this work of art to others? If so (or not), why?