THIS IS A DISCUSSION POST ONLY. NO TITLE PAGE NEEDED.
TURNITIN SCORE MUST BE AT OR BELOW 20% ….AS I WILL BE CHECKING THIS ON MY END.
APA STYLE..PHARAPHRASE PLEASE IF YOU USE ANY INFO FROM SOURCES
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE FACT THAT I HAVE BEEN RAISED BY MY GRANDPARENTS. THIS IS BECAUSE I WAS TAKEN BY DCS DUE TO MY BIO MOM SUFFERED WITH MENTAL ILLNESS.
DIRECTIONS FOR POST BELOW
According to the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), across the United States more than 5.8 million children are living in their grandparentsâ€™ homes. When parents are not able to care for their children, the grandparents may take over parenting responsibilities.
To prepare for this discussion
- Watch the video Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (Links to an external site.).
- Review the AARP fact sheet for your state. Click Fact Sheets for Grandparents and Other Relatives Raising Children (Links to an external site.), and scroll down to find a link to your state’s fact sheet.
In your initial post
- Summarize the information on your stateâ€™s fact sheet.
- Explain the impact this type of situation may have on family relationships and the development of the child.
- Discuss your role in supporting families where the grandparents are raising their grandchildren. Use one scholary source to support your discussion.
Wardle, F., & Fitzpatrick, T. (2016). Children & families: Understanding behavior & dynamics [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
oklahomanews. (2014, January 7). Grandparents raising grandchildren (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from
- This video shares information about grandparents raising grandchildren and is used in the Week Two Grandparents discussion.
AARP. (n.d.). GrandFacts (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.aarp.org/relationships/friends-family/g…
This website shares information about grandparents as parents and is used in the Week Two Grandparents Discussion