Project Charter and WBS
Outcomes addressed in this activity:
- Define the project scope.
- Create the project work breakdown structure.
IT401-2: Create project artifacts to effectively establish project management triple constraints.
For this Assignment, you will first define the project scope and then assess the project work that needs to be done and based on that assessment; you will create a project work breakdown structure for the Garage Apartment project case.
Review the Garage Apartment Project case (attachment). The Garage Apartment Project covers building a two-car garage with an apartment/office on the second floor on your existing lot in accordance with applicable building codes. Use the Work Breakdown (attachment) structure template to create a detail WBS for the Garage Apartment Project.
The Assignment should be completed in MS Word using the Work Breakdown Template. Complete all the sections to represent the WBS for the Garage Apartment Project.
- Complete the outline view, the hierarchical view, and the WBS dictionary sections.
- Define each deliverable and create a work package.
- Fully decompose each work package into the required activities.
- Add a glossary of terms.