- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of continuous recording and time sampling. What are three types of interval sampling? (SYW)
2. Tests are becoming increasingly important in education, both in assessing students and evaluating teachers. Based on your understanding of the research and materials presented in this course, tell my why you agree or disagree with this trend. Provide your informed opinion, as bolstered by relevant information that you learned from this course.
- Describe the four categories of testing accommodations.
- Describe the five situations that may result in a student becoming a casuality of the educational system based on ineffective instruction. If we determine the instruction to be effective, how might individual differences in a few students explain lack of progress?
1. This section introduces the notion of measuring effect size in hypothesis testing of group data. In two or three sentences define effect size in your own words. (BTW we will see effect size for single case studies in the next segment.)
2. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a repeated measures (dependent sample) t-test? How might we deal with the disadvantages in the research design?
3. What is the difference between Type I and Type II errors?