Due Week 4 and worth 240 points
Uber is largely hailed as the advent of the gig economy, which is the idea that people will not work for any one employer but instead will work on projects for any variety of companies desiring their services. While creating a new type of entrepreneurship for individuals, it raises a host of new legal questions for companies around the law of agency.
An investment firm has asked
you to evaluate Uber’s legal exposure due to the conduct of its drivers.
Write an interoffice memo in which you do the following:
- Summarize the main principles of agency law.
- Analyze the circumstances under which Uber might be liable for the conduct of its drivers.
- Identify the steps Uber can take, if any, to limit its legal exposure due to the conduct of its drivers.
- Use the Strayer University Library to locate at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference, and proprietary websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Your news brief or memo should include a heading, summary statement, background, and recommendations.
The specific course learning
outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Establish what liability concerns exist for a specific business based on agency law.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.