In this assignment there are two parts in the attached worksheet to complete. The first is a time log in which you will monitor and write down all that you do within a 3-day time period. In the second part of the worksheet you will reflect on your completed time log from part 1 and write a short 250-500 word summary of your experience.
Part 1: Monitor your time in hourly increments.
- Use the time monitoring log provided in the worksheet to write down what you did each hour of the day, starting at 5 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. Even if you do not get up until 10 a.m., you still need to record 5 a.m. – 9 a.m. as “sleep.”
- Do not overdo the recording; record the primary activity for the hour. At most, record two activities per hour.
Part 2: Reflection
On day four, review your completed time monitoring log from part 1 of the worksheet in order to take a serious look at how you use your time each day. Use the questions in the instructions for part 2 to guide your writing.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Note: Please do not submit assignments as PDF files.
Complete both parts of this worksheet as instructed.
Part 1: Use the table below to monitor your time in hourly increments.
Part 2: Reflection
On day four, review your completed time monitoring log in order to take a serious look at how you use your time each day.
Write a 250 – 500 word reflection below on how you manage your time. Include the following in your reflection:
1. What are some things you can do more efficiently?
2. What are the main items/tasks that take up most of your time?
3. Do you see areas in your daily routine where you can make adjustments to become more productive?
4. Do you have any “black holes” that unnecessarily suck up a lot of your time?
© 2017. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.