In the case regarding employee branding found in Chapter 5 (Hayton, 2012), the John Lewis company brand is somewhat radical in its approach. It also promotes an ethos as opposed to a mission and value statement. In your initial post, evaluate the strategy employed by the John Lewis department stores (United Kingdom) to rebrand its store network in comparison to a mission/vision strategy employed by a company of your choosing. Then provide a critique as to in which sectors of the world an ethos branding effort would work best. Provide an example and cited support for your response.
Your initial post must meet APA guidelines as explained in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.) and include at least one (1) scholarly reference from course materials. The two reply posts to your fellow students must be similarly substantive and address two of the following bullets:
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor.
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic.
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail.
- Share an applicable personal experience.
- Provide a relevant outside source (for example, a website) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (cite properly in APA).
- Make an argument concerning the topic.