In your team performance analysis memo, Gina and Greg would like you to produce an assessment of the teamâ€™s performance, and discuss how team performance is impacted by individual, group, and organizational goals for informing management strategies.
Team Performance Assessment: This section of the team performance analysis memo should highlight the role of individual, group, and organizational goals as they relate to team performance.
- Describe the teamâ€™s purpose, highlighting its alignment with organizational goals. Include the following in your response:
- How did the teamâ€™s purpose drive success?
- How did the purpose inform the groupâ€™s strategy?
- How does a common purpose affect goal attainment within teams, highlighting strategies for aligning team performance goals with organizational goals?
- Assess the effectiveness of the team assessment tool for determining strengths and weaknesses of team performance for groups and individuals, Include the following in your response:
- What specific information supports management in determining the teamâ€™s alignment with organizational goals?
- What improvements do you feel could be made to the assessment tool used to provide more reliable data?
- Analyze results of team performance metrics for determining how well the team performed and aligned with organizational goals. Include the following in your response:
- How did the product developed by the team compare with the organizationâ€™s goals for improving processes for the customers? Use the customer product review to inform this comparison.
Management Approaches: Based on the team effectiveness assessment, provide some suggestions to support stronger alignment between goals and team performance.
- Discuss individual, group, and team goals for how they are impacted by organizational goals. Consider the examples of individual goals provided for their connection to organizational goals.
- Discuss strategies for empowering team members to feel competent and make decisions in a team setting. Include the following in your response:
- How can managers support employees in raising productive solutions that support team performance?
- Are there common management approaches that should be avoided or that disempower team members?
- Explain management approaches for individual or departmental performance and alignment with project team performance for supporting a successful team.