In light of the current health situation, I’d like to offer an option by reviewing any three of the following jazz videos in lieu of attending a live jazz concert to write your concert reviews on;
“It Don’t Mean A Thing”
“I Cover The Waterfront”, “Dinah” and “Tiger Rag”
These concerts must be accompanied by a 1.5-2 page, typewritten, thoroughly proofread (use Turabian or MLA as a guide for page formatting, citations, etc.) review which must be completed and electronically submitted no later than March 31st, 2020 at 11:59 pm for Concert review
In addition to whatever you feel is significant to say about your experience, you must also list:
- The instruments that were played.
- The form of at least one piece you heard.
- The performers names and the names of the songs played.
- The time.
- The date.
- The venue.
- The price of the event.
- A detailed account of your personal impressions of the music (what you liked and disliked about it and why).
- A review of at least 3 songs and try to determine the tempo, style, rhythm, and piano/bass/drum techniques used as best you can.
WARNING: Plagiarism is relatively easy for an instructor to detect! Answers that appear to be based on content easily found on the web, or are identical to another student’s work are not accepted and will receive a ZERO. See ACADEMIC INTEGRITY in the syllabus for details. Your resources for doing these assignments are your media player and the information in the text.